Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand

Book Description

November 1, 2011 Unearthly
When Clara Gardner learns she’s part angel, her entire life changes. She now has a purpose, a specific task she was put on this earth to accomplish, except she doesn’t know what it is. Her visions of a raging forest fire and a mysterious boy lead her to a new high school in a new town but provide no clear instruction. As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she’d have to make—between the boy in her vision and the boy in her life, between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. . . . When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?


My Review

When I started reading this book I had just finished up Elfland which had just blown my mind...so, it was a little hard to slip back into the YA angel mode. I realized I needed to let go and be a little more fair with this story then I was initially letting myself be. With that said; I really liked this book.
I know I like a book when I finish the last page, and I sort of sigh, and feel a little bummed if I can't move onto the next book straight away.

Digression and side note: I am a total series freak. I lurvs me a good series!

I am anticipating what the author is going to do in the next novel 'Hallowed'. What on earth will happen between Clara and Tucker, or Clara and Christian? Will her brother get more of a roll in the next book? What's going to happen with her mother? There seemed to be a lot of history with her and the blackwing Sam, hmmmm. I suspect someone close to clara is going to become/be a blackwing?... I'm just waiting for it.
If you enjoy the whole angel genre then you'll love this book! She gives a bit of a different spin on the whole nephilim thing. Plus, kuddos to the author for not making the angel blood(s) some sort of ueber sexy a-hole type. Ehhem, Patch ringing any bells to anyone? Just sayin'.

Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment