Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tithe (The Modern Faerie Tales #1) by Holly Black

Book Description

March 23, 2004 Modern Faerie Tale
Welcome to the realm of very scary faeries! Sixteen-year-old Kaye is a modern nomad. Fierce and independent, she travels from city to city with her mother's rock band until an ominous attack forces Kaye back to her childhood home. There, amid the industrial, blue-collar New Jersey backdrop, Kaye soon finds herself an unwilling pawn in an ancient power struggle between two rival faerie kingdoms -- a struggle that could very well mean her death.

My Review

Okay, first off...This series really shouldn't be in the YA category. It's a little too potty mouthed, sprinkled with sexual situations and use of drugs. Not to say that the youth of today is oblivious to this type of subject matter...I'm just sayin',... to all you mamma's out there that are screening stuff for your younger teens, this would probably be a no go.
With that said. This series was just okay for me. It wasn't life changing nor was the writing rockin' my world, but it held my attention and I was interested in what would transpire next.
That was pretty much my consensus for the entire series.

Grade C+

No comments:

Post a Comment