Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Book Description

September 14, 2008 The Hunger Games (Book 1)
Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

My Review

Here's the Love:
Bravo Suzanne Collins! I can't wait to see what you put out there next. It was (almost) very believable ;) I loved that the protagonist wasn't whiny or sappy. Nor was she too tough and cold. I fell in love with all of the characters. They were written beautifully. Great descriptive writing.
This is an amazing book!
The distopian theme within novels and movies has always interested me. One can go in so many directions with it. I am not a huge fan of reality T.V. and so I appreciate the authors critic on our present society and the potential danger that YouTube and other Reality T.V. shows have on our youth... the children are our future you know ;)  The story's main theme focuses on the sickness of voyeurism and how it has fueled society. I won't go into a huge diatribe and rant on and on about this subject. I will end this by writing, just go read the series if your haven't already!!!
Here's the Hate:
Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about this book (or series). There wasn't a point in which the story dragged, no inconsistencies...nothing! I was pure awesomeness!

Grade: A




No comments:

Post a Comment