Thursday, September 13, 2012

Twist by Dannika Dark



pastedGraphic.pdf





Months after moving to the mysterious city of Cognito, Silver is developing her gifts as a Mage, and learning how to live under new laws. Forced to give up her old life, she must now live in secret among the humans. She finally has hope of leading an ordinary life . . . until Logan Cross walks into it.

Their chance meeting leads her close to discovering the identity of the nameless Mage who once stole her light and discovered the unique power she possesses. That knowledge poses an unimaginable threat to Silver, fueling her search to find out who he is, before he finds her first.

Lives are at stake. Truths are revealed. And an unexpected passion ignites.

My Review

I started 3 books this past week and sadly I could not finish a one. That almost sucks as much as giving a bad review. So, instead of plodding along and torturing myself with another possible fail, I decided I would cleanse the proverbial palette and read Twist for the second time.

I must confess, it is a rare book or series that comes along, that I love so much I want to re-read it. Well, Ms. Dark, you have won my heart and I have re-read your work. And I do, whole heartily declare, I loved it as much the second time around!

Twist by Dannika Dark is the second book in the Mageri Series. It starts right were Sterling left off. But, with the added bonus of a few new characters, and a couple of chapters from different POV’s. Fear not fans, Silver, Justus, Simon and Adam are still in the mix and as awesome as ever.  
The major new addition is Logan Cross, a Chitah, and he is superb! He is not the typical guy Silver would fall for and that just makes it feel so perfect. In fact, the majority of the romantic sub-plot seems to be centered around the theme of mismatched couples. I really liked this element. It keeps the humanistic, real world vibe nicely intertwined throughout . Because hey, this happens in life a lot. Sometimes we end up with a man or woman whom we least expected. And they are perfectly designed to meet our needs. However, It usually takes some time for us to realize that. Analyzing our hearts and figuring out the damage, and what is needed to repair it, is never fun, and usually ends up being a very painful process.  Anyway, that’s exactly what Silver comes to realize with Logan. He seems to be exactly what Silver needs. Making it a wonderfully realistic and romantic journey. 

Twist doesn’t skimp on the action scenes either. They are packed full of nail biting tension, great descriptive writing that allows the reader to practically be a part of the fight scenes themselves.

We do learn a little more about the Benefactor and his devious plans. This is the major conflict in the story and main vehicle that is pushing the series further along. I am curious to see what is going to happen here. I feel like Ms. Dark is just beginning to scratch the surface on something big. I feel like a major bomb is gonna drop!

Dannika Dark is a very talented, witty, funny and entertaining writer. You can guarantee a few laugh out loud moments, a couple of teary eyed moments and some nice, well rounded, thought provoking plot lines.
I can barely contain my excitement about the very soon to be released third book in this series, Impulse

If you are a fan of PNR and UF then you MUST, MUST, MUST, read Dannika Dark’s Mageri series. You won’t regret it.




No comments:

Post a Comment